 I had tried that already but don't see anything.  Would it be easier to do a
QMQRY?  If so could someone lay out the steps to accomplist in QMQRY?  I am in
a bit of a rush..........What else is new?
  Jim Franz <franz400@triad.rr.com> wrote: the msg desc for sq9010 is from cmd:
DSPMSGD RANGE(SQL9010) MSGF(QSQLMSG)
Message ID . . . . . . . . . : SQL9010
Message file . . . . . . . . : QSQLMSG
Library . . . . . . . . . : QSYS
Message . . . . : RUNSQLSTM command failed.
Cause . . . . . : Errors were found while processing the source for the
RUNSQLSTM command. The listing print file is &1 in &2.
Recovery . . . : Review the messages on the listing. Either correct the
problems or specify a higher severity on the ERRLVL parameter. Try the
request again.
Technical description . . . . . . . . : The RUNSQLSTM command found
errors
with a severity greater than the requested ERRLVL.

(this still doesn't tell all. make sure your interactive job is set for max
logging:
CHGJOB LOG(4 00 *SECLVL) LOGCLPGM(*YES)

then the dspjob, option 10 - or dspjoblog cmds should give more detail
(like file not found, or authority, or something)
also, the runsqlstm cmd defaults a printer file (qsysprt) - see if an error
page exists.
hth
jim franz