Jill

Since you have such a slim collection of manuals (I will be doing a separate
post listing manuals I think you ought to seek), I am copying the following
from one that I have, a wall poster G325-8328 - Are you saving the right
stuff?

Now notice this starts "G" where most 400 manuals start "S"
G used to mean "for free"

The poster has instructions how to recover from a backup.
It has the CL behind the save commands.
It has lots of stuff.

What I am sharing here is a check list of what you need to save if you cannot
get the GO SAVE or the GO BACKUP to work satisfactorily.

My format is
21 22 23 ... this means that SAVE 21 SAVE 22 etc. includes or does not
include this thing
    SAV THIS SAV THAT ... this is the command or commands that save this thing
        Whatever ... I am referring to whatever is being saved

I am using TAB in this e-mail ... I hope the resulting chart looks as nice in
your e-mail as it looks in mine.

        Spool Files ... none of the standard IBM saves will save what is in
your Reports ... there are ways they can be saved which we can pursue in a
later thread if you desire ... you might also check the archives of these
discussions at www.midrange.com

21 22       SAVSYS              Licensed Internal Code
21 22 23    SAVSYS              OS/400 Objects in QSYS
21 22 23    SAVSYS SAVSECDTA    User Profiles
21 22 23    SAVSYS SAVSECDTA    Private Authorities
21 22 23    SAVSYS SAVCFG       Configuration Objects
21 22       SAV                 IBM Supplied Directories
21 22       SAVLIB *NONSYS
            SAVLIB *IBM         OS/400 Optional Libraries
                                    QHLPSYS QUSRTOOL
21 22       SAVLIB *NONSYS
            SAVLIB *IBM         Licensed Program Libraries
                                    QRPG QCBL Qxxxxx
21     23   SAVLIB *NONSYS
            SAVLIB *ALLUSR      IBM Libraries with User Data
                                    QGPL QUSRSYS QS36F #LIBRARY
21     23   SAVLIB *NONSYS
            SAVLIB *ALLUSR      Other Libraries
                                    LIBA LIBB LIBC LIBxxx
21     23       SAVDLO              Documents and Folders
21     23       SAVDLO              Distribution Objects
21     23       SAV                 User Objects in Directories