Don,

What you are saying is consistent with my feelings.  IBM now adds the
technology de jour to the system, without taking the time to determine if
it is viable.

I the olden days, IBM would wait to see that a given technology would make
it, and then add it to the system.

As a user community "we" (but, not I Batman) would say to IBM that the
AS/400 was slow to market.  IBM's contention is that they waited and got it
hardened before it's released.  Now IBM's done an about face.  They bring
out the technology de jour, and harden it up in the field.

You just can't have it both ways.

Al

Al Barsa, Jr.
Barsa Consulting Group, LLC

400>390

914-251-1234
914-251-9406 fax

http://www.barsaconsulting.com
http://www.taatool.com

                    Don
                    <dr2@cssas400.com>        To:     midrange-l@midrange.com
                    Sent by:                  cc:
                    midrange-l-admin@mi       Subject:     SOM/DSOM
                    drange.com

                    12/18/01 10:59 AM
                    Please respond to
                    midrange-l

As I recall at a west coast COMMON, Jarosh got a ear full from at least
one person that had a sizeable inventment in SOM/DSOM and IBM seemed
rather ambivalent when he complained about having the rug pulled out from
under him...  Perhaps that's why I haven't seen him at any COMMON's of
recent history....

List <MIDRANGE-L@midrange.com>
>                     ods.com>                  cc:
>                     Sent by:                  Subject:     Officevision
Help Documents