barsa@barsaconsulting.com wrote:

> My knowledge of OV is too limited to understand how these documents differ
> from normal documents.  We did help a few clients migrate OV/400 help
> documents from OV to Text Management/38, which continues to be supported.
> IBM suggested that they move to Notes, which IMHO was the wrong
> recommendation.  They had a green screen application which they needed help
> for, and OV was recommended by IBM as the solution in '88.

You have a source document that's a 'normal' Officevision document in
RFT (Revisable Form Text) format.  This document has special help tags
in it.  You wave a magic wand over this RFT document and create an FFT
(Final Form Text) document that is not revisable.  The application
refers to this FFT document for help.  This is my sum total knowledge of
it.  <g>

Text Management/38 is not an option due to the expense and I only have 2
documents.  I dabbled in UIM briefly once and was not impressed.  But if
there was a utility (like in iSeries News or Midrange Computing or
elsewhere) that did this conversion, I could live with it.

> While I'm on the topic, I don't take every recommendation from IBM as
> gospel truth.

Gasp!  It's Armageddon!  <vvbg>

--
-Jeff

New email address: jlcrosby@dilgardfoods.com

The opinions expressed are my own and not necessarily
the opinion of my company.  Unless I say so.