I kinda think John would recommend saving serurity data in the very least
before trying the test suggested.

-----Original Message-----
From: midrange-l-admin@midrange.com
[mailto:midrange-l-admin@midrange.com]On Behalf Of Kurt Goolsbee
Sent: Friday, December 14, 2001 11:08 AM
To: midrange-l@midrange.com
Subject: RE: QUSER on ODBC requests

Well, the original message was posted by John Earl and he said it was one of
his customers machines.  If you, as an ISV or a consultant, went to your
customer and made this change, you could stop core business applications
from running.  If the %$#@ing computer isn't working then neither are your
employees, except the IT staff trying to figure out what happened.  What is
the dollar value associated that?  What are you going to tell the person
that approves your invoices?  "It's really a good thing.  Sorry you can't do
business but I found and fixed a big security problem for you.  Don't blame
me because you have stupid programmers."

I know that John wouldn't go and do something like this but nobody else
should either.

A trend that we are seeing more and more of is that the people in change of
administering the AS/400(s) are less and less technical.  The NT guy is now
in charge of the AS/400 and he/she doesn't know not to use Q profiles.