Brad,

Are you saying that the AS/400 command completes before the data is
written to the CD?  Suppose I had a chunk of code which performed the
following three tasks:

1) save an object from the AS/400
2) verify completion message from the save
3) delete the object from the AS/400

If I understand what you have written below, the object could be deleted
from the AS/400 prior to it being written to my backup media (the CD).
Is this correct?  For my own use, I would want an option to verify the
complete process prior to moving on to the next operation.  Is that
something which could be configured on the PC side of the operation?

You wrote in an earlier post in this thread that you had seen a CD-R
drive for the iSeries.  That piqued my interest so I went into the
configurator to see if I could configure one on an 8xx machine.  I found
the DVD-RAM drive (#4430), but could not find a recordable CD-R drive.
Were you referring to IBM parts?

Regards,
Andy Nolen-Parkhouse