Mac on Linux...?  Interesting possibilities...

There seems to be a market in Mac 5250 emulators, so you might be surprised,
Brad.

BTW, I have no experience in either XP, or Mac.. but was just quoting the
author of the weblog, Robert Scoble.

<aside>
He had some VERY interest thoughts on "visionaries", a couple days back I
think.  I've stated my view that, what a lot of people see as vision, is
really more just a passion for what they do.  I don't think it's any
coincidence that most of these "visionairies" head company's where they have
an awful lot of say so about what happens down the road.  Nor a coincidence
that they tend to keep their own scorecard... ;D
</aside>

BTW, I don't know if WINE is OSS or not.

You wanna example of the downside of OSS...?  I was disappointed to check
back on the CCRP, Common Controls Replacement Project
(http://www.mvps.org/ccrp/).  The theory was if there were OS controls, you
could break the lock on Windung.  Many (most?) people write to the controls.
However, you see the pitfalls of OSS, pretty clearly, today.

jt
(Back on other replies later...:  Starting on 2001 accounting spreadsheets..
earlier than ever before...! ;-)