Al,

>From the link david provided, step 3:

"Change the owner to QSYS.
QSYS MUST be the owner of the QINSTAPP program

CHGOBJOWN OBJ(QTEMP/QINSTAPP) OBJTYPE(*PGM) NEWOWN(QSYS)"

This is why I prefer to test EVERY piece of information against actual
experience, no matter WHO it comes from.  You and others have contradicted
this theory, and while I haven't tried it myself, I tend to go by your
experience rather than IBM docs, in this case (and many others).

BTW, NOBODY'S perfect.. but YOU DEFINITELY have a loooong ways to go, to
catch up to me in the "dumb" department...  LOL...!

I'm still looking for that English-Netspeak dictionary myself.  IIRC = If I
Recall Correctly.  Anyone in the biz for a length of time knows the problems
of "intermittant Alzeimher's" which I suffer from...  As the son of a
Professor of Journalism, I learned to qualify ALL my statements.. but I've
slacked off...  I should preface EVERY sentence with IIRC...;-)

jt

| |
| |
| |
| | A few points:
| |
| | 1).  If Brad's device (which I have contacted him on, and expressed an
| | interest in purchasing) emulates a 7208, it supports LODRUN.  LODRUN was
| | cheap command to write, and was basically written in CL.
| | 2).  I could be wrong here, but I don't think that there's an ownership
| | restriction on LODRUN programs (which must be called QINSTAPP and be
| saved
| | from QTEMP), although there are clearly run time restrictions.  I've
| | probably written more QINSTAPP programs than anyone.  I am out of the
| | office, so I am limited as to my ability to look up stuff.
| | 3).  When I buy software, I am placing trust in my vendor.  (Maybe I'm
| | stupid.)  So I do not consider this a security risk.  Clearly LODRUN is
| | better tan following a run sheet that I could screw up.
| |
| | Al
| |
| | Al Barsa, Jr.
| | Barsa Consulting Group, LLC
| |
| | 400>390
| |
| | 914-251-1234
| | 914-251-9406 fax
| |
| | http://www.barsaconsulting.com
| | http://www.taatool.com
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |                     "Brad Jensen"
| |                     <brad@elstore.com>        To:
| | <midrange-l@midrange.com>
| |                     Sent by:                  cc:
| |                     midrange-l-admin@mi       Subject:     Re: CD
| | Burning software?
| |                     drange.com
| |
| |
| |                     12/09/01 01:24 AM
| |                     Please respond to
| |                     midrange-l
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |

| |
| | Thanks for the suggestion, I'll talk to my people about this.
| | Should be pretty easy to add to the product.
| |
| | I have to ask, is there anyone on this list that considers CDs
| | with LODRUN a bad idea to install on their AS/400?
| |
| | Before posting, please take a moment to review the archives
| | at http://archive.midrange.com/midrange-l.
| |
| |
| |