Hi,

Here's another off the wall problem I'm having that I hope someone can offer a
good suggestion for.

When I display an HTML page in a browser...I would like to have the user click
on a button in the HTML form and run some javascript (or whatever) to kick off
a process that will then do a screen capture of the active page, based on
coordinates I give it (i.e., I only want to capture a specific portion of the
page, not the whole thing...unless I have to capture the whole page...I can
live with that if necessary)...and then automatically save that capture as an
image file (i.e. JPG, GIF, etc..)

The only thing I can think of so far is to use the Java2 ROBOT class and it's
createScreenCapture method. I can retrieve coordinate information in my HTML
form, and I can pass that to the createScreenCapture method's Rectangle
parameter,  so this approach might work. That method creates an image
containing the screen pixels.

However...I'm wondering if anyone has a better/different solution I might try.
Keep in mind I want to programatically address this. I don't want the user to
have to do anything but click on a button on the HTML page.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts on this!

Shannon O'Donnell