On Thu, 29 Nov 2001, Brad Jensen wrote:

> MPE - another nice OS.

Very nice o/s....

The original database was Image/query.  Supported COBOL, FORTRAN, SPL
(thier equiv to MI, but it had alot more capabilities), and one super kick
ass BASIC.

Think I may still have an old MPE manual around here somewhere...guess I
can send it the same place I sent my CPF refernce manuals....

I remember working on a chess program in SPL back in the 70's while I
lived in Chattanooga....those were some fun days....

> I think later ones ran MPE/UX - maybe MPE on top of Unix?

Don't recall hearing about a mpe/ux....HP/UX is very popular on the 9000
series...we've seen a few AS/400's goto it around here...

nite....