Steve:

On Mon, 12 November 2001, "Steve Richter" wrote:

> From: <thomas@inorbit.com>
>
> >The point is simply that 5250 is in fact being enhanced and supporting it
> must be >almost a pure iSeries cost especially now that TCP/IP is no longer
> a chargeable item.
>
> Tom,
>
> Client access, which uses tn5250 as a kernel component,  is chargeable, no?

Chargeable, yes; but a PC item, not iSeries as such. However, this is an
interesting side item. I could easily accept an argument that any CA license
cost should somehow reduce an interactive tax. But that'd be anti-competitive
I'm sure.

> And Roch is withdrawing ( or deprecating ) the graphics/gddm feature of
> 5250. The graphics order features of 5250 are ok ( gddm support is based on
> it ) and should be improved, not withdrawn.

This irritates me too if true. (I don't doubt it; I just haven't run into it
yet.) I saw much potential value in GDDM though it never caught much attention.
I'd love to see it improved.

Tom Liotta

--
Tom Liotta