Hi folks,

has anyone any experience of using the AS/400 to print with a Kyocera FS9000
laser printer.

The printer shall be attached to an ethernet LAN via a printserver, that
means the DEVD contains among others the following values: DEVCLS(*LAN)
TYPE(3812) MODEL(1) LANATTACH(*IP) PORT(9100) TRANSFORM(*YES)
MFRTYPMDL(*HP6) SYSDRVPGM(*HPPJLDRV).

My special question is whether the AS/400 supports with OS400 V5R1 or lower
HPT with a *LAN 3812 PJL Device Desricption.
The document 21801619 in IBM KB says no. Is that statement still true? I
have to know that before we buy the printer.

We will printing invoices with a front overlay, that means AFPDS, on this
printer.

I would appreciate any hint because this printing function is important for
us.

TIA

Kind regards,

Erich W. Schasse