In the before and after image they show up when ever a date field or
timestamp is in the record format.
Because field FODATE and FOLCDT are defined in the file the before and after
image always has adds
the fields FODATE D and FOLCDT Z. I have no idea why it does that though,
does that in all our triggers that
have date or timestamp fields in them.

> > > this line
> > > IF BFFOAMT <> AFFOAMT
>
> Are you only accessing this line when the trigger fires on an update?  On
> delete or insert one of these values won't be defined and shouldn't be
> accessed.
On update or insert. Why wouldnt the values be defined?