Le lun. 05 nov. 2001 20:03:10, Carl Galgano écrivait:

> Here is the connectivity I would like to have....

Hello Carl

> AS400ÞethernetÞCISCO2501ÞserialV.35ÞDSU/CSUÞWANÞDSU/CSUÞseria
> lV.35ÞC ISCO2501Þserialv.35Þ5494.
>
> I know I can put a ethernet card in the 5494 and config the AS400
> as a *LAN connection.
>
> Is this is case where I need *ANYNET.  I can not config the APPC
> controller as *LAN because the 5494 does not have a LAN adapter
> address.  I can not config the APPC controller as *SDLC, because I
> can not connect an *SDLC controller desc over a *ETH line
> description.
>
> I know I can config the CISCO on the AS400 side to connect to the
> AS400 via V.35 and route the SNA traffic over the serial interfaces
> and the IP traffic over the LAN interface.  Just trying to see what
> will work.
>
> Any ideas?

You have two choices for this configuration.

1) configure the Cisco to run DLSw eg encapsulate (is this word correct
english ?) SNA into IP. In this case, you do not need Anynet on the
AS/400. This configuration can be done, either with the 5494 connected
like you say (and the Ciscos "provide" a MAC address for the 5494), and
either with the 5494 connected with a LAN card

2) change your 5494 for a Perle compatible and use Anynet on the AS/400
side and the Perle side. The 5494 is unable to run Anynet. Perle is
able.

--
Cordialement/Best regards
Marc Rauzier