> I have these notes somewhere but you guys are really good.  This is very
> simple:
>  is there a place on the AS400 where  every user profile's information is
> stored?
>  I have a workfile with user names and I want to be able to use a query and
> read the file so I can list the information sorted by name.

I do all my e-mail from home so lots stuff off top of my head & may not be as
good as I wish it was, but answering these type questions help me too.

For security reasons you might not be able to get at security data &
manipulate it the same way that you can with other kinds of data.

If your security right, GO SEC or GO CMDPRF or something like that will get
you at various reports you can run that list all the users & various security
thingies about them & you could send that report to a print file then take
that print to a data file & reconstruct like an *OUTFILE from it.

If your security very limited with respect to accessing user profiles, there
are a number of "back doors" to the data, not to the security.

WRKMSGQ & scroll ... either QSYS or QUSRSYS, I not remember which, will have
a message queue for each & every user on your system & also one for each &
every work station address.

There is probably a DSPOBJD where you can dump the MSGQ directory for the
right library into an *OUTFILE & voila, you now have a work file with a list
of all your users.

If you have a user name, there's CL command to get at data on that user name.
I have a lot of RUNQRY off of Menu in which I populate the Text on bottom
line of the Query with the Text from the User Profile who ran the Query
saying who that person is & the Dept they are in etc. so that printed queries
can rapidly be distributed to the right people.  I have to use 2 variables
because the two fields not same length.