Dug a little more and answered my own question (I post it here in case
others are interested); don't ask *how* I found it cuz it took about 20
forward clicks to get to it, but this link,
http://www.iseries.ibm.com/servlet/factUpgrade , has a handy upgrade
tool.  Very customizable, was able to change a column to show the "Final
Release" for a selected model.

Dan Bale
IT - AS/400
Handleman Company