Chris, you're missing the point.

I don't know how many nics you can put in any iSeries.  The
point is how much do those NICs cost.  I can get a 10/100
for a PC for $15.  And build a PC for 300.

If I could buy parts for my iseries at best buy, then it
wouldn't be a big deal.  A server maching like an iSeries
should be able to accept multiple (5 or more) nics.  A base
270 should be able to have at least 5.  If not, it's not a
server.  It has to be able to handle the bandwidth.

I'd love to hear the lowdown, if anyone knows, how many NICs
you can install in most used boxes, and the price of each.

Brad