How about this: WebSphere is great for JSP1.1 support.  JSP1.2 introduces
some cool features.  Custom tag libraries have a ton of potential, but are
not yet universally supported, so I tend to shy away from them, at least for
the time being.  Filters are even more bleeding edge; in fact, if you have
some good information on practical applications, I'd be happy to check them
out.  The one thing that does stand out quickly is a security filter.

But in the final analysis, I'm pretty much an old-school developer.  I'm a
tool-and-die guy, I make technology work with today's applications.  If I
don't need a new feature to implement my target, I don't use it.  So I'm
perfectly happy with JSP1.1 and Servlet1.2, which means I'm perfectly happy
with WebSphere.  For now <grin>.

Joe