Dave,

Thanks for the code offer. I am just looking for information.

The question to you and others is:
1. Can a VB appl, running on a client pc, that uses one of the NT based
servers like sql server or oracle, be switch easily from one server to
another. Can the Oracle server be unplugged and replaced with an SQLServer
server or Informix?

2. Can the Oracle or whatever server be replaced by an ISeries running
DB2/400?

You mention the Rumba api's. Does it provide the components needed so a COM
compliant application can be served by DB2/400?

No lengthy explanation is needed. I am trying to understand what it takes to
switch from one database server to another and if DB2/400 can realistically
compete in the database server market.

You said:
> One advantage of SQL
> Server that I like is that all the Enterprise Managements objects can be
> used in any
> COM compliant application--In theory you could make your own Enterprise
> Manager using the DTS,DMO object libary that will work with DB2/400

DTS?   DMO?  What pc components would be used to make your own Enterprise
Manager?

Thanks,

Steve Richter