Being a Developer, I love woking on IBM platforms due to their
consistency over the years ! Though Microsoft has got adorable GUI's, I
didn't find the databases upto the mark, either disk eating Access or
critical handling SQL server ! (the Informix tieup might make it better
in future !). Anyway is DB2s are high performence datases with
excellent features like page level locking, unlike Oracle !

just my 2 cents !
Ravi

http://www.iseriesnetwork.com/artarchive/index.cfm?fuseactionİòewarticle&CO_ContentIDİ9987