From: Bale, Dan [mailto:D.Bale@handleman.com]
Sent: Friday, September 21, 2001 4:32 PM
To: midrange-l@midrange.com
Subject: RE: UPS & AS/400 talking to each other

Good call.  I checked out the back of our AS/400s here, and the J14
port, a 9-pin, on the 9406-D60.  Someone had used a magic marker to
print "UPS" with an arrow pointing to the port at some point in the
past.

Also, on our 9402-400, there was no J14 designation that I could see,
but there was a clearly marked factory sticker with "UPS" on it just
above the port.  (There was another 9-pin port with "MI" marked on the
sticker above that; no idea what that is.)

O.K., next question:  Is there software involved like I see in some
Windows-based PC UPS's?

Dan Bale
IT - AS/400
Handleman Company