If you're already going to fix the copied spoolfile with RPG then it won't
be hard at all to create a new spoolfile.  I have had to do this in the
past.  Below is a one-timer pgm I wrote to do it.

You most likely will have to make changes for line skips, etc.  In the CL
manual where CPYSPLF is documented I believe are all the possible values
that *FCFC can return.

Phil

Fspoolwrk  if   e             disk    rename(spoolwrk:spoolr)
Fqsysprt   o    f  132        printer
D PrtDs           ds
D  PrtCtl                        1
D  PrtDtl                      132
Ispoolr
I              spoolwrk                    prtdta
C     *start        setll     spoolwrk
C                   read      spoolwrk
C                   dou       %eof
C                   move      prtdta        prtds
C                   if        not %eof
C                   select
C                   when      PrtCtl = '1'
C                   except    header
C                   when      PrtCtl = ' '
C                   except    detail
C                   when      PrtCtl = '0'
C                   except    blank
C                   except    blank
C                   except    detail
C                   when      PrtCtl = '-'
C                   except    blank
C                   except    blank
C                   except    blank
C                   except    detail
C                   when      PrtCtl = '+'
C                   except    detail2
C                   endsl
C                   read      spoolwrk
C                   endif
C                   enddo
C                   eval      *inlr = *on
Oqsysprt   e
O          e            header            1
O                       prtdtl         b   132
O          e            detail      1
O                       prtdtl         b   132
O          e            detail2
O                       prtdtl         b   132
O          e            blank       1
O                                          132 ' '