On Friday 14 September 2001 10:25 am, Draper, Dale wrote:
> What resets the time out (WAITRCD) parameter of this? One of our users had
> this time out on her while taking a pause after constant data input on a
> particular video file. During the preceeding period, she has input data on
> the screen, moved the cursor, etc. but had not hit >return.
>
> I was under the impression that any keystroke or cursor movement would
> reset the time out. Was I wrong?

Well, it has been a while since I have worked with any timed screens, but as
I recall the time out value is based on getting a record back from the file.
That's why you do the wait against the file and not the format. As a result,
the only thing that resets the timeout is file activity.

--
Chris Rehm
javadisciple@earthlink.net

And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart...
...Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself. There is none other
commandment greater than these. Mark 12:30-31