At 13:21 09/05/2001, Rob Berendt wrote:

>C/EXEC SQL
>C+ insert into plline2
>C+                               (select * from vdline2 where
>C+                                                           (vdlpo conca
>C+ t h2item) in (select (pdlpo concat plitem) from plline))
>C/END-EXEC

I dunno, I'd expect SQL to interpret that as
(vldpo conca t htitem)

What happens if you fix the goofy formatting and recompile? Maybe it really
is an issue for the CASE vendor. Who is it? They are an IBM business
partner, right?

I agree with you about the IBM service. Big blue doesn't seem to care if we
live or die out here. You'd think they'd be interested in making their
business partners' software work for customer satisfaction reasons. There
obviously hasn't been any recognition of ethical considerations. What would
it cost to log the issue and pass it on to the CASE vendor, or at a bare
minimum, listen to your story and tell you to do it? IBM used to have their
act together. There are still some outstanding individuals there, but the
corporation as a whole is rapidly descending to the professionalism and
reliability of Frank's computer and bowling supply company. I've started
building my own PCs. Maybe one day I'll build my own midrange boxes too. I
could make the stripe any @#!@% color I want.

That said however, I do feel that it's important to maintain a service
agreement. Nobody can be expected to work for free.

Waffelin' down the road...

Pete

Pete Hall
pbhall@execpc.com