Steve,

Were you just going to compile on this machine?  Is that why you wanted RPG
ILE but not SEU, PDM, SDA, RLU, Code/400?

Last I knew, RPG for the S/390 was $199,000.  And that was pre ILE.  (Can
you say SAA?)

And, there sure has been a flurry of activity on the RPG side the last
several releases.

Rob Berendt

==================
A smart person learns from their mistakes,
but a wise person learns from OTHER peoples mistakes.

                    "Steve Richter"
                    <srichter@AutoCoder       To:     <midrange-l@midrange.com>
                    .com>                     cc:
                    Sent by:                  Subject:     Re: 270 quote
                    midrange-l-admin@mi
                    drange.com

                    09/04/2001 03:28 PM
                    Please respond to
                    midrange-l

This $8200 websphere all or nothing approach really makes me angry.

We have a good chance to get work with our local clients to put their rpg
applications on the web. One is solid to go with us, the others are more in
the "build it and they will come camp".  We thought the 270 and v5r1 would
cost us 15k. Split two ways, that is doable.   Not only is $8200 for rpg
ile
way too much but it also makes you question if ibm is pricing the product
grow the market or just get what it can today and shut things down later.

Any idea what the websphere/va java/c++ bundle costs on the rs6000?

Steve Richter