Hi,

After reading this news blurb from John Q.     (see below)     I visited
the link to Apache Week and read the article.     I took a couple of
minutes to write to the Editor saying I would like to read more articles on
iSeries and Apache  in Apache Week Mag.        I got a response back from
one of the editor's and he said:

>> Thanks for contacting us.  That piece was a little experiment to get
some
reactions.  If you look back through the entire history of 5 years of
Apache Week you'll see that we don't run articles about commercial
Apache products, not even our own.  We sometimes run balanced pieces where
we look at all technologies available, and we sometimes run book reviews.

If we do start doing more of these sections we will be keeping them short
and concise, we certainly will not be running press releases for
example.  Our readers really like the concise format allowing them to dig
into more detail if something catches their interest (like the featured
articles).

The only other response to this section so far is asking how come IBM have
made the product something that is stable and supportable whilst Apache
2.0.* from the Apache group is far from stable.  <<

Now,    I think that they would like some feedback on Apache on the iSeries
from people who use it.     I think we could raise the visibility of the
iSeries if we do more of this stuff.   (One email from me got a response).

I am asking if any of you have Apache running on the iSeries to visit the
site and maybe write to the Editor's and give them some Constructive,
balanced, and courteous feedback. Maybe talking about the HTTP server,
iSeries as a web server, etc.

Here's the place to write   "You can contact the people behind Apache Week
at editors@apacheweek.com "

Don't reference anything I said or the editor's comments back to me so they
don't think it is a coordinated onslaught.

Here's the related snippet from John Q's  newsletter with the link of the
site.

7)  iSeries & Apache coverage in Apache Week for the 1st Time  First
commercial use of Apache 2.0?
According to this document, IBM have incorporated Apache 2.0 into their
iSeries web server product line. One of the
team at IBM commented to the development list that although the product
internally used an alpha version of
Apache, 2.0.18, their product is "not 'beta' but fully supported." and that
they are "working on getting stuff
back into the original code base."
http://www.apacheweek.com/issues/01-08-31

I cross posted this on Web400 and Midrange-L

Thank you
Respectfully
John Carr