From: Buck Calabro [mailto:Buck.Calabro@commsoft.net]
Sent: Tuesday, August 28, 2001 2:38 PM
To: midrange-l@midrange.com
Subject: RE: 198 print positions

>What I am trying to do is go to strpdm there is
>an existing member set for 132 column printing.

In what source file?  QRPGSRC? QDDSSRC?

>I tried to change this member to 192 columns
>and cannot.

Does the top of the screen say "Browse?"  Are you not authorised to the
member?  What error are you getting?  I'm guessing that you take PDM option
2 to edit the member and are trying to change a field within the member.  Is
that an incorrect assumption on my part?

>I wonder do I first have to create the file with 192
>column spec than create a member with the same spec?

Generally, you'd write/edit the DDS source member and then create the
printer file from that either via PDM option 14 or the command line CRTPRTF.
Here's a sample of some DDS for a printer file:
     A          R PRTCK1
     A                                      SKIPB(05)
     A            VENDOR         5  0     11
     A            VNAME         30        21
     A            INCKNO         6  0     72
     A                                      EDTCDE(Z)
     A          R PRTCK2
     A                                      SKIPB(29)
     A                                    18DATE
     A                                      EDTCDE(Y)
     A            INCKNO         6  0     72
     A                                      EDTCDE(Z)

>I tried using chgprtf and the file say test132 and
>change the columns to 198 with no luck.

OK.  This is a different issue.  In my example DDS above, it doesn't really
matter how wide I make the page, because none of the fields go out that far.
Can you post the DDS so we can get a feel for what you're looking at?