I dunno, Rob, anyone still running production on V3R7 like we do on
three of our boxes can't be considered to be too boring.  <g>  Some of
the new management staff find it hard to believe that we're running on
unsupported OS levels.

I hadn't thought to consider the possibility that the box in question
may have been an OS beta box.  Jeez, I hope not!  But nothing that the
prior IS management did surprises me anymore.  They were cheap to the
core.  No software subscription was ever purchased for our two V4 boxes.

Hopefully, you won't be able to hang that "non-bleeding edge" plaque on
us for too much longer.  We are planning on replacing all AS/400s with
new, and possibly going with a mirrored LPAR box back at corporate.

Dan Bale
IT - AS/400
Handleman Company
248-362-4400  Ext. 4952