We have an old S/36 library on our 400 called finance.  It has a bunch of
RPGII programs which do the following:
 1.  FIN010  FUTURE VALUE OF AN INVESTMENT.
 2.  FIN015  PRESENT VALUE OF A FUTURE SUM.
 3.  FIN020  FUTURE VALUE OF REGULAR DEPOSITS.
 4.  FIN030  REGULAR DEPOSITS REQUIRED TO PROVIDE A FUTURE VALUE.
 5.  FIN040  MAXIMUM WITHDRAWALS TO BRING AN INVESTMENT TO ZERO.
 6.  FIN050  INVESTMENT REQUIRED TO ALLOW REGULAR WITHDRAWALS.
 7.  FIN060  MORTGAGE PAYMENT CALCULATOR - CRT.
 8.  FIN070  PRINCIPAL BORROWED ON A MORTGAGE.
 9.  FIN080  INTEREST RATE ON A MORTGAGE.
10.  FIN100  MORTGAGE PAYMENT AND INTEREST SCHEDULE - CRT OR PRINTER.
11.  FIN110  INTERNAL RATE OF RETURN ON IRREGULAR PAYMENTS.
12.  FIN120  YIELD TO MATURITY ON A BOND.

Rob Berendt

==================
A smart person learns from their mistakes,
but a wise person learns from OTHER peoples mistakes.

                    "Klein, Ron"
                    <ron.klein@brctsg.c       To:     "''MIDRANGE-L'"
<MIDRANGE-L@midrange.com>
                    om>                       cc:
                    Sent by:                  Subject:     Interest Calculating
sample
                    midrange-l-admin@mi
                    drange.com

                    08/20/2001 03:46 PM
                    Please respond to
                    midrange-l

Hi All,
I have a rather starneg request from the list members.

Does anyone have any examples of a program that calculates the interest
portion of a mortgage payment.  I have a program that calcs out the payment
it self.  But, I need to be able to calc the interest to break it out and
also to adjust the payments for a balloon payment.  I have done this in the
past, but for the life of me i can't find any of my old examples.  And
after
numerous searchs on the WEB and coming back with only online calculators I
am hoping someone on this list has an application that they need to do the
same.

Thank You
Ron