Hi Folks,

Getting ready to do an OS upgrade (V4R1 to V4R5 FINALLY) in the coming
weeks and going down the check list of stuff to do. I need to get PTF's
permanently applied which is no real problem but I do have one question:

Until an IPL when these actually do get applied (well the ones that need
at IPL to apply) does this actually increase storage ?

Reason I ask is we are "cramped for disk space" and I started with some
of the smaller LICPGM's (i.e. Performance Tools, App Dev, etc.) and did
them and noticed that a bunch of stuff was placed in the library QRPLOBG
which of course gets cleared at IPL. My fear is that if I Apply all of
the temp PTF's, this library will grow and I might have a problem. When
all users are off the disk utilization drops by 5-6% !! So what I would
do is wait until then to Apply the rest and then IPL (we IPL on
Sunday)..

Thanks for any information on this !

Chuck