With that many calls to one program, in the course of a week you
could really be bogging down the process. Every time that call occurs,
the copy process get "stopped" and would lose it priority on the
task scheduler. Once an I/O process gets started, I would try to keep
delays down to as few as possible. What's the data getting put into
the dtaara ???? Could you up the number of records between updates ???

So...if my math is correct, you make a call to qcmdexc every 100 records
or 10,000 calls per million records ?? On several million records, that
has to have a pretty good hit to any system. You might also recall that
DDM has a fair amount of SNA/SDLC overhead.....

Not knowing the application, it's hard to make real suggestions,
but if you run that with NO call to update dtaara, I suspect a
major improvement in speed. That may be impossible or not practical,
but if you could run a test, it might be nice to know the results
"with" and "without"....