  • Subject: Help needed with message CPI9045 (native e-400 mail)
  • From: "Valerio Vincenti" <VVincenti@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2001 10:50:24 -0400

Hello everyone, I have been reading the 'Native e-400 mail' thread with much
interest. I followed Scott Mildenberger's suggestion and setup the SMTP gateway
according to Bytware's instructions found at
http://www.bytware.com/Support/MPlus/egateway.html . I went thru all the steps
from 1 to 5 (including being able to ping the mail server).

Now  I am hitting a snag on step# 6 trying to send a test message using the
SNDDST command. Even though I get a notification message on the bottom of the
screen saying 'Send distribution completed successfully', my message never
appears in the e-mail client. Further, the system log shows  message CPI9045
'Distribution to user identifier *UNKNOWN *ANYMAIL failed.' (condition code
X'0005').

The help text for CPI9045 doesn't provide an explanation for this condition
code but refers to the Distributed Services Network Administration Guide manual
SC41-9588. I couldn't find this manual on the online library. Searching for
CPI9045 from the iseries homepage, I found that the message text refers to an
old level snads manual and the correct manual to research is SC41-5410.  I have
found manual SC41-5410 on the online library but, when clicking the link, I get
a message saying 'The book QB3ANK00 could not be located.'

Needless to say I'm getting very frustrated. Can anyone please tell me what the
condition code X'005' means for CPI9045 or shed some light on what my problem
could be?

As a supplementary info, I noticed that the 'Display Distribution Services Log'
screen shows an entry of type *ORG *NRM. Its details screen shows
'OfficeVision' as Destination agent, while the 'Display Logged Destinations'
screen shows Userid = INTERNET and Address = GATEWAY.

We are at V4R3 on a model 720 interfaced to Novell Groupwise Rel. 5.5 e-mail
system.

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.

vvincenti@spotsylvania.va.us (Val Vincenti)