Rob,
Excp handling, esp when caused by a pgm error, has no good answer but it has to
be dealt with. Hiding the halt msg from the user often makes the problem worse.
The i/r/c/d option that the end user sees and can use to make the matter worse
is bad, but not getting a chance to see info on the error when it occurs can be
worse.

Chris,
If in your flood of words is the sentiment that ibm needs to make money, then I
agree.

My point is that the cost of cfint is not $, but loss of simplicity, options
and flexibility. The server models are not as good as they could be because
interactive use is not allowed. In a competitive world, this limits the
acceptance of our platform.

I think your response is to say that all the user has to do is pay the $ and
then they can have all the interactive and batch env have to offer. My
response: look at the nbrs. customers are not willing to pay the price.

Steve Richter