  • Subject: RE: AS/400 as ODBC database server question
  • From: "Weatherly, Howard" <hweatherly@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2001 09:11:22 -0400

Title: RE: AS/400 as ODBC database server question

*Disclaimer* I am not a security expert (nor any other sort for that matter)

Are all of the ODBC users also AS/400 Users? (If not so, create a profile for them) If so, and if your efforts on fixing security don't conflict, you might be able to set something up with the user profile. Specifically I am thinking of setting up a group that has no special restrictions and used to simply identify the ODBC folks. You could also use the accounting code field in the user profile for identification.

I guess I am also assuming that you can identify how the user "got here" as well.