  • Subject: Re: socket in use
  • From: "Patrick Townsend" <patownsend@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 13:56:13 -0700

Steve,

If you are using setsockopt() to set the socket as re-usable you should be
fine. The socket will show up in NetStat for a period of time with a "fin"
status until the system clears it. But this should not cause a problem.

Patrick
---
IBM AS/400 communications, FTP automation, EDI translation, PGP encryption,
and eCommerce software and consulting services.

http://www.patownsend.com