  • Subject: Re: AS/400 Advocacy Group
  • From: MacWheel99@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 12:48:00 EDT

There are in fact several groups that call themselves AS/400 Advocacy.
Some are invitation_only groups that are debating how best to get the job
done, and want to have some structure before making the group open to all
AS/400 enthusiasts.

Should there be a petition to the IBM Board of Directors meeting?
Should there be letters to editor of WSJ?
Should there be URLs with links to 400 factoids for use as ammunition in
refuting fasehoods by non-IBM enthusiasts?  Many of us 400 enthusiasts do not
have facts at our fingertips & we need this kind of thing.
Should we go to sites where 400 is an obvious alternative but IBM being
ignored & us do IBM's job?
Should there be internet robots to find where IBM & 400 being blasted & the
fan club be pro-active at the links found.
Should there be letter to next IBM CEO?
Can Rochester break away from IBM to form new independent entity?
What should be in such letters?
How do we reach consensus with large numbers of enthusiasts?
Does e-committee structure work?

Then there is also a public advocacy group hosted by trade zines with almost
no participation that I can see ... you have to set your preferences at the
maximum number of years to find any posts there.

http://www.as400network.com
check near top left corner list of communities for the advocacy one.

jcoles@origsoft.com writes:

> During the recent COMMON 2001 expo - it was mentioned that there was to be a
>  group of people who would spread the word about the AS/400 - either in the
>  UK , USA or worldwide.
>
>  This group was to be called the Advocacy Group.
>
>  I heard of this third hand so have no other information
>
>  Any help would be appreciated
>

>  Jamie Coles
>
>  The Original Software Group
>  UK: 01256 338 666
>  INT: (+44) 1256 338 666
>  US: (+1) 630 268 1488

AS/400 Data Manager & Programmer for BPCS 405 CD Rel-02 mixed mode (twinax
interactive & batch) @ http://www.cen-elec.com Central Industries of
Indiana--->Quality manufacturer of wire harnesses and electrical
sub-assemblies - fax # 812-424-6838