  • Subject: Re: NT VDMS (was Re: windows drive letter mapping - CAE)
  • From: "Chris Rehm" <javadisciple@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2001 06:16:13 -0700

I think what Tom was referring to was the ability to use multiple VDMs to
run multiple Windows 3.1 sessions.

Shared vs. private was based on a setting you could turn on for applications
that didn't play well with others, you'd click a setting on the app and when
it was run it got its own VDM and copy of Windows so that if it crashed it
wouldn't affect your other windows apps.

You could still cut and paste between Windows apps in different VDMs because
it was handled by the OS/2 clipboard.

Chris Rehm
javadisciple@earthlink.net
If you believe that the best technology wins the
marketplace, you haven't been paying attention.