  • Subject: Re: For John Carr's Long Grey Line
  • From: Chuck Lewis <clewis@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 08:44:10 -0500

That is GREAT ! :-)

Chuck

Portal39@aol.com wrote:

A POEM FORCOMPUTER USERS OVER 40

    A computer was something on TV
    From a science fiction show of note
    A window was something you hated to clean
    And ram was the father of a goat.

    Meg was the name of my girlfriend
    And gig was a job for the nights
    Now they all mean different things
    And that really mega bytes.

    An application was for employment
    A program was a TV show
    A cursor used profanity
    A keyboard was a piano.
    Memory was something that you lost with age
    A CD was a bank account
    And if you had a 3-in. floppy
    You hoped nobody found out.
    Compress was something you did to the garbage
    Not something you did to a file
    And if you unzipped anything in public
    You'd be in jail for a while.

    Log on was adding wood to the fire
    Hard drive was a long trip on the road
    A mouse pad was where a mouse lived
    And a backup happened to your commode.

    Cut you did with a pocket knife
    Paste you did with glue
    A web was a spider's home
    And a virus was the flu.

    I guess I'll stick to my pad and paper
    And the memory in my head.

    I hear nobody's been killed in a computer crash
    But when it happens they wish they were dead.