Mike:

It looks like you've found all the answers you can use, but I have a $.02 to
add FWIW.

STRCPYSCN does effectively stay one screen behind, and that limits its
usefulness. But for many quick and dirty situations, that limitation can be
worked around by having the user press the <Home> key. This oftens brings the
two displays effectively in sync.

Not a perfect solution. Just a way to get by in a pinch.

Also, STRCPYSCN has an output-to-file ability that can be exploited. I've used
attention menus to give users the option of starting STRCPYSCN to an outfile.
The option creates a member and also sends me a message to log the event. A
second menu option does the ENDCPYSCN. When I have time, I run a program that
"replays" their screen sequences with forward and backward F-keys so I can
understand what happened. (This is easily modified to aid in ducumentation of
applications as well.)

Nobody really likes STRCPYSCN, but it can sure be useful.

Tom Liotta

--
Tom Liotta
The PowerTech Group, Inc.