There are many types of SRCs.  The kind that is posted when the system
fails is posted somewhere.  I have attached a list of SRCs that occur at
IPL time.  I hope that this is not to big.  As far as I know, this
information is not published, but it is listed as an appendix to one of my
COMMON talks.

Al

IPL SRC Format Description:

As the system performs an IPL, SRCs appear on the control panel. The SRCs
indicate the status of the IPL and are often useful in problem analysis.
The following list provides information on the IPL process and shows some
SRCs (in numeric order) that can appear during an IPL.

IPL SRC   Function Performed

C1xx 1xxx Service Processor ROS IPL in progress
C1xx 1006 Service processor ROS loading RAM from MFIOP directed device
C1xx 1007 Service Processor ROS retrying attempt to load RAM from MFIOP
        directed device
C1xx 1008 Service Processor ROS attempting to load RAM from non-MFIOP
        directed device
C1xx 1009 Service Processor ROS retrying attempt to load RAM from non-MFIOP
        directed device
C1xx 1016 Service Processor ROS attempting to load RAM from MFIOP default
        device
C1xx 1018 Service Processor ROS attempting to load RAM from non-MFIOP
        default device
C1xx 1019 Service Processor ROS retrying attempt to load RAM from non-MFIOP
        default device
C1xx 100C Service processor ROS IPL complete, branch to RAM Loader
C1xx 1030 Loading Service Processor system LIC from MFIOP device
C1xx 1050 Loading Service Processor system LIC from non-MFIOP device
C1xx 2001 Service Processor is setting up to test and load system processor
C1xx 2002 Service processor is testing system processor and main storage
C1xx 2003 Service processor is loading system processor
C100 2034 LIC (system) has been initialized; control has passed to system
        processor
C1xx 2050 Service Processor is waiting for Load Source device
C1xx 2060 Service Processor started a read command from Load Source
C1xx 2090 Service Processor completed a read command from load source
C1xx 80xx Service Processor/Control Panel communication in progress
C1xx 805x Service Processor is loading Control Panel LIC
C1xx B1xx Basic assurance test completed on MFIOP
C100 D009 LIC (system) running initialization
C200 1xxx Secondary Partition Early IPL Initialization Phase
C200 1100 Adding partition resources to the secondary configuration
C200 11FF Partition resources added successfully
C200 2xxx Secondary Partition SPCN Tower Power ON Phase
C200 1200 Checking if IPL is allowed
C200 12FF Partition IPL is allowed to proceed
C200 1300 Initializing ISL roadmap
C200 13FF ISL roadmap initialized successfully
C200 1400 Initializing SP Communication Area #1
C200 1410 Initializing IPL parms
C200 14FF IPL parms initialized successfully
C200 3xxx Secondary Partition Bus Unit ISL Phase
C200 3100 Validating ISL command parameters
C200 3111 Waiting for Bus object to become operational
C200 3112 Waiting for bus unit to become disabled
C200 3150 Sending ISL command to bus unit
C200 31FF Waiting for ISL command completion
C200 32FF ISL Command complete successfully
C200 4xxx Secondary Partition Load Source Device Connection Phase
C200 4100 Waiting for load source device to enlist
C200 4200 Load source device has enlisted
C200 4300 Preparing connection to load source device
C200 43FF Load source device is connected
C200 5xxx Secondary Partition Main Storage Dump Phase
C200 5100 Preparing to initiate MSD phase
C200 5110 Loading SID 82 from load source device
C200 5115 MSD Phase I
C200 5120 Writing processor registers into SID 82
C200 5125 MSD Phase II
C200 5130 Writing mainstore pages to the load source device
C200 5135 MSD Phase III
C200 5140 Storing (final) SID 82 back to the load source device
C200 5150 Allocating the hardware page table
C200 51FF MSD processing complete
C200 6xxx Secondary Partition Load LIC from Load Source Phase
C200 6000 Locating First LID information on the loadsource
C200 6010 Locating Next LID information on the loadsource
C200 6020 Verifying LID information
C200 6030 Priming LP Configuration LID
C200 6040 Preparing to initiate LID load from loadsource
C200 6050 LP Configuration LID primed successfully
C200 6060 Waiting for LID load to complete
C200 6100 LID load completed successfully
C200 7xxx Secondary Partition Load Source Device Disconnection Phase
C200 7100 Disconnecting from load source device
C200 7110 Preparing to remove the load source IOP from the primary
        partition
C200 7120 Load source IOP has been successfully removed from the primary
        partition
C200 71FF Load source is successfully disconnected
C200 8xxx Secondary Partition Start Processors Phase
C200 8100 Initializing SP Communication Area #2
C200 8104 Loading data structures into mainstore
C200 8110 Initializing event paths
C200 8120 Starting processors
C200 81FF Processors started successfully, now waiting to receive the
        continue acknowledgment from SLIC
C200 8200 Continue acknowledgment received from SLIC
C200 82FF VSP IPL complete successfully
C3xx xxxx System Processor or Main Storage Diagnostic in progress
C5xx xxxx LIC system hardware initialization
C500 C92B Waiting for console device - error condition only if console not
        found
C6xx 1800 LIC SPCN setup
C600 3900 SP transfer control of Bus 1 (BCU Switch) to LIC is Complete and
        LIC Machine Facilities component is initialized
C600 3910 LIC has initiated PCI Bus Reset to all Bus 1 devices except the
        SP
C600 3911 LIC has initiated self-test of all Bus 1 devices except the SP
C600 3912 LIC is initiating IPL of the Load Source IOP
C600 3913 LIC is initializing the Load Source IOP messaging functions
C600 3914 LIC has detected a Load Source IOP problem and is resetting the
        IOP, or the IOP has requested a reset after an internal Flash
        memory LIC update
C600 3915 LIC has initiated the Load Source IOP self-load
C600 3916 During self-load, the Load Source IOP signaled LIC that it is
        initiating an internal Flash Memory update or other critical
        function
C600 3917 The Load Source IOP has completed IPL of its operational load,
        LIC is waiting for the IOP to report its attached IO resources
C600 4001 Static paging
C600 4002 Start limited paging, call LID manager
C600 4003 Initialize IPL/Termination (IT) data area / set up node address
        communication area (NACA) pointer
C600 4004 Check and update MSD SID
C600 4005 Initialize event management is running
C600 4006 IPL all buses
C600 4007 Start error log ID
C600 4008 Initialize I/O service
C600 4009 Initialize I/O machine
C600 4010 Initialize IDE (interactive device exerciser)
C600 4011 Initialize remote services
C600 4012 Initialize RMAC component data values
C600 4013 Initialize context management
C600 4014 Initialize RM (component) seize lock
C600 4015 Initialize MISR
C600 4016 Set time of day
C600 4017 Initialize RM (component) process management
C600 4018 Initialize error log
C600 4019 Restart the service processor
C600 4020 Initialize machine services
C600 4021 Initialize performance data collector
C600 4022 Initialize event management
C600 4023 Create MI boundary manager tasks
C600 4024 Disable CPM
C600 4025 Initializes battery test
C600 4026 Hardware card checkout
C600 4027 Start integrated device exerciser (Type C IPL only)
C600 4028 Start DST
C600 4029 Make IPL task not critical
C600 4030 Free static storage
C600 4031 Destroy IPL task
C600 4032 Initialize Integrated File System descriptor management
C600 4033 Initialize LPAR Virtual I/O
C600 4050 Storage management recovery is running
C600 4051 Start LOG is running
C600 4052 Trace table initialization is running
C600 4053 Context rebuild is running
C600 4054 Start product activity log and Advanced Peer-to-Peer Networking
        (APPN) is running
C600 4055 Authority recovery is running
C600 4056 Journal recovery is running
C600 4057 Database recovery is running
C600 4058 Journal synchronization is running
C600 4059 Commit recovery is running
C600 4060 Database initialization is running
C600 4061 Journal IPL clean up is running
C600 4062 Commit initialization is running
C600 4064 System Object Model ? (SOM) recovery is running
C600 4065 Start operating system is running
C600 4100 Searching for Load Source Candidate (D-mode only)
C600 4101 Opening media-file to install LIC service displays with proper
        National Language Version
C600 4102 Loading and linking from media-file to install LIC service
        displays with proper National Language Version
C600 4201 Storage management recovery
C600 4204 Synchronization of mirrored MSD
C6xx 4205 Synchronization of mirrored data (where xx is percent complete).
C600 4240 Reclaim main storage
C600 4250 Storage management subset directory recovery
C600 4255 Defragmentation utility
C600 4260 Storage management directory recovery
C600 4272 ASP overflow recovery
C600 4300 Static paging is available for the link loader
C600 4301 Applying temporary PTFs. If the IPL stops at this point, you
        might need to install the Licensed Internal Code again.
C600 4302 Applying modules. If the IPL stops at this point, you might need
        to install the Licensed Internal Code might again.
C600 4303 Temporarily applied PTFs have reached the static paging phase
C600 432A Resolving references to run Mode A; you can safely stop the
        system while it is doing this work.
C600 432B Resolving references to run Mode B. You may safely stop the
        system while it is doing this work.
C600 4330 Full paging is available; workstation HRI processing
C600 4331 Freeing unused nucleus pages
C600 4332 Permanently applying PTFs. If the IPL stops at this point, you
        may need to install the Licensed Internal Code again.

Main Storage Dump IPL SRCs:

C6xx 4400 Unattended DASD checker started
C6xx 4401 Attended DASD checker started
C600 4402 Main storage dump manager and storage management recovery started
C600 4403 Storage management recovery ended
C6xx 4404 LIC log started (where xx is dump copy percent completed).
C600 4405 Dump auto copy completed. Shutdown or programmed IPL has started.
C600 4406 Shutdown or programmed IPL (MSD related) has started.

Continuously Powered Main Storage (CPM) IPL SRCs:

C6xx 4410 Unattended DASD checker started
C6xx 4411 Attended DASD checker started
C600 4412 Storage management recovery started
C600 4414 LIC log started
C600 4416 Shutdown or programmed (CPM-related) IPL has started

Dedicated Service Tools (DST) SRCs for Attended IPLs:

C600 4500 Verifying network attributes
C600 4501 Looking for the console
C600 4502 Starting DST display task
C600 4503 Checking possible machine-readable information (MRI) on media
C600 4504 Verifying system serial number
C600 4505 Verifying system type
C600 4506 Verifying system-unique ID (OS/400 only
C600 4507 Starting 'before DST' DASD checker
C600 4508 Verifying system password (if DASD check OK; if not OK this is
        checked when IPLing past DST)
C600 4509 Starting DASD migration function (only if migrating)
C600 450A Starting 'after DST' DASD checker (can happen twice)
C600 450C DST IPL status

Dedicated Service Tools (DST) SRCs for Unattended IPLs:

C600 4500 Verifying network attributes
C600 4504 Verifying system serial number
C600 4505 Verifying system type
C600 4506 Verifying system-unique ID (OS/400 only)
C600 4508 Verifying system password (if DASD check OK)
C600 450A Starting 'after DST' DASD checker

Licensed Internal Code (LIC) SRCs for IPLs:

C600 4A57 Parallel database recovery is at Pass 1
C600 4A60 Parallel database initialization is at Pass 1
C600 4B57 Parallel database recovery is at Pass 2
C600 4B60 Parallel database initialization is at Pass 2
C600 4C57 Parallel database recovery is at Pass 3
C600 4C60 Parallel database initialization is at Pass 3
C600 4F57 The system is recovering all database objects. This step can take
        several hours. It can occur any time when database recovery is in
        progress.
C600 4F60 The system is examining all objects during database
        initialization. It can occur any time when database initialization
        is in progress.

Note:   At this point LIC initialization is complete, and operating system
        starts. All hardware is verified.

OS/400 (only) operating system SRCs:

C900 2810 Reclaim machine context
C900 2820 Resolve system objects
C900 2825 Convert Work Control Block Table
C900 2830 System value object
C900 28C0 Prepare SPCF job
C900 28C5 Initialize system objects
C900 2910 Start system logging
C900 2920 Library and object information repository (OIR) cleanup
C900 2925 Verify POSIX** root directories
C900 2930 Database cross-reference
C900 2940 Console configuration
C900 2950 Install complex objects
C900 2960 Sign on processing
C900 2965 Software Management Services (SMS) initialization
C900 2967 Applying PTFs
C900 2968 IPL options
C900 2970 Database recovery part 1, journal recovery part 1
C900 2973 This recovery step attempts to perform any needed recovery for
        Database files that were definitionally being changed, created or
        deleted when an abnormal system end occurred.
C900 2976 This recovery step verifies the object recovery list performs any
        needed recovery for Journals and Journal Receivers.
C900 2978 This IPL Status SRC is displayed when SRCs C900 2A70 - C900 2976
        have been completed
C900 2980 Storage requirements
C900 2990 Performance adjustments
C900 29A0 System control block
C900 29B0 Spool initialization
C900 29C0 Work control block table
C900 2A80 Before starting system jobs
C900 2A85 Bringing up POSIX SAG
C900 2A87 POSIX SAG restart and signals initialization
C900 2A90 Starting system jobs
C900 2A95 Abnormal Work Control Block Table cleanup
C900 2AA0 Damage Notification
C900 2AA1 This recovery step either rolls back or completes certain
        uncompleted Database operations that were run under Commitment
        Control
C900 2AA2 This recovery completes certain Journal operations that were in
        progress when the system ended processing
C900 2AA3 This recovery sends messages to QHST for Database files that may
        have been damaged by a system end
C900 2AA3 This recovery sends messages to QHST for Database files that may
        have been damaged by a system end
C900 2AA4 This IPL Status SRC is displayed when SRCs C900 2AA0 - C900 2AA3
        have been completed
C900 2AA5 Integrated File System/New File System (NFS) directory recovery
C900 2AB0 Database Recovery part 2
C900 2AC0 Document Library Object (DLO) recovery
C900 2B10 Establish event monitors
C900 2B30 QLUS job
C900 2B40 Device configuration
C900 2C10 After system arbiter
C900 2C20 SNADS recovery
C900 2C25 ZMF component (Mail Enablement (OeDS) Framework) recovery
C900 2C40 Work Control Block Table cleanup
C900 2F00 IPL Complete

Operating system initialization is complete when the sign-on screen
displays on the console.

Al Barsa, Jr.
Barsa Consulting Group, LLC

400>390

914-251-1234
914-251-9406 fax

http://www.barsaconsulting.com
http://www.taatool.com

                    Jeff Bull

                    <Jeff.Bull@itm-grou        To:     "Midrange-L (E-mail)"
<midrange-l@midrange.com>
                    p.co.uk>                   cc:

                    Sent by:                   Subject:     System Resference
Codes
                    owner-midrange-l@mi

                    drange.com

                    07/12/01 11:55 AM

                    Please respond to

                    MIDRANGE-L

Hi all,
           does anyone know whether IBM  has published a list of SRC's and
their meanings on the web ?  If they have, I would appreciate the URL.

Kind Regards,

Jeff Bull
AS/400 Software Support Consultant
IBM Certified AS/400 System Administrator

Mailto:jeff.bull@itm-group.co.uk
Website: http://www.itm-group.co.uk

ITM Group, 7 Skyport Drive, Harmondsworth, Middlesex, UB7 0LB, United
Kingdom
SwBd: +44 [0208] 476 2000 ; Fax: +44 [0208] 476 2111 ; Mbl: +44 [0786] 750
4961

DISCLAIMER

Any opinions expressed in this email are those of the
individual and not necessarily the Company. This email
and any files transmitted with it, including replies and
forwarded copies (which may contain alterations)
subsequently transmitted from the Company, are
confidential and solely for the use of the intended recipient. If you are
not the intended recipient or the
person responsible for delivering to the intended recipient,
be advised that you have received this email in error and
 that any use is strictly prohibited.

If you have received this email in error please notify the IT
manager by telephone on +44 (0)208 4762000 or via
email to Administrator@itm-group.co.uk, including a copy
of this message. Please then delete this email and
destroy any copies of it.
MIDRANGE-L-UNSUB@midrange.com.
david@midrange.com