  • Subject: Re: Suppressing system job logs
  • From: "Alexei Pytel" <pytel@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 12:41:15 -0500

QZDASOINIT jobs are (usually) prestart jobs started from subsystem prestart
job entries.
They are in QSYSWRK or QUSRWRK.
Change prestart job entries to use job description of your choice.

    Alexei Pytel

"The better is the worst enemy of the good"

                    "Steve Richter"

                    <srichter@AutoCoder       To:     <MIDRANGE-L@midrange.com>

                    .com>                     cc:

                    Sent by:                  Subject:     Re: Suppressing
system job logs
                    owner-midrange-l@mi

                    drange.com

                    07/10/2001 11:19 AM

                    Please respond to

                    MIDRANGE-L

if no easy way of doing what you want is found, consider the "job
notification exit point".

Looks like you use the AddExitPgm cmd to register the exit point.  Once
done, an entry is sent to the your spcfd dtaq when a job is submitted,
starts and ends.

You could write a pgm to rcv from this dtaq. When a job named QZDASOINIT is
started, run CHGJOB Log(4 00 *NOLIST).

Steve Richter

Here are excepts from info center on AddExitPgm and the job notification
exit point:

Use the Add Exit Program command (ADDEXITPGM) or API (QUSADDEP,
QusAddExitProgram) to register this program as an exit program for a
command. You must specify 20 bytes of exit program data. The first 10
characters specify the command name; the second 10 characters specify the
library name. For example, to register QCARPLCM as the exit program to be
called at the QIBM_QCA_CHG_COMMAND exit point for the Display Job (DSPJOB)
command in library QSYS, specify:

ADDEXITPGM EXITPNT(QIBM_QCA_CHG_COMMAND)
           FORMAT(CHGC0100)
           PGMNBR(*LOW)
           PGMDTA(*JOB 20 'DSPJOB    QSYS      ')

Job Notification Exit Point
Required Parameter: None
Exit Point Name:  QIBM_QWT_JOBNOTIFY
Exit Point Format Name:  NTFY0100

The Job Notification exit point can be used to log notification messages to
data queues when OS/400 jobs go through the following transitions:

A job is placed on a job queue.
A job starts.
A job ends.

The QIBM_QWT_JOBNOTIFY exit point registers a data queue and library,
rather
than an exit program and library. The program data that is associated with
the data queue must contain the notification type, subsystem description,
and subsystem description library.

The information will be retrieved from the registration facility when the
subsystem starts, so the data queues must be registered before starting the
subsystem. Any queues added to the registration facility after a subsystem
is started will not be retrieved until the next time the subsystem starts.

While multiple subsystems can use the same data queue, each subsystem is
limited to using a maximum of eight data queues. If more than eight data
queues are registered for a subsystem, the specific data queues that will
be
selected are undefined.

If a job is submitted to a job queue that is not allocated by an active
subsystem, a job queue notification message will be sent to a default data
queue of QSYSDTAQ in library QSYS.

Use the Create Data Queue (CRTDTAQ) command to create any data queues to be
used by this function, including the QSYSDTAQ mentioned previously. See
Data
Queue Attributes for additional information about the attributes of the
data
queues.

For the format of the job start and job end notification messages, see
Format of Job Start and Job End Notification Messages. For the format of
the
job queue notification messages, see Format of Job Queue Notification
Messages.