  • Subject: RE: The Old Shared Folder ain't what she used to be!
  • From: "Mark A. Manske" <mmanske@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 09:38:52 -0500

That PC is still running???

Something else to consider, PC support (DOS) is no longer supported with V4R5, unless you
leave it on during the upgrade (we removed it here just to get rid of it, because who knows
when IBM will remove it for you automatically during an upgrade.)

You might want to discuss with them upgrading to the current  technology, as they way things
are right now, might disappear in a cloud of dust.

Unfortunately I cannot answer the true question (how do I make it work), I can only offer a suggestion
to complete the upgrade so you are on Ethernet and using the IFS, FTP's and such (long term solution)
Hopefully someone else on this list has gone through the pain of sticking with it, we did not even attempt it.

Good luck.

Mark A. Manske
Fleming Plymouth, MN
Sr. Project Lead