Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2001 17:29:35 -0500
From: jeff_carey@baxter.com
Subject: V5R1 DST passwords

In case you didn't know, in V5R1 you have to provide a DST profile and
password to get into SST (or eve into some of the configuration functions
in Ops Nav).

They've added the CHGDSTPWD command to reset DST QSECOFR to QSECOFR. Now
here's the kicker - the password for DST is case sensitive (as I forgot
today, typing in qsecofr time and time again when only QSECOFR will work).
 You then need to change the password, but it seems that this follows its
own rules - even if QPWDRQDDIF is set to 0, you can't duplicate an old
password for the DST profile.

So pretty easily, DST password management can become an issue - especially
since you may not be going into SST that often.

Was there really a call for this added level of security?   If so, what
about a WRKDSTPRF command and system values to manage these profiles like
any other?

Jeff Carey