  • Subject: RE: Journaling and contention
  • From: "Gary Monnier" <garymon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2001 16:12:03 -0700

A couple of things come to mind.  First, do any jobs do an exclusive object
allocation to the journal receiver, journal, or the library(ies) containing
them?  Are the journal and its receivers being backed up at the same time
your error occurred?

Second one that comes to mind is is some job changing the journal or its
receiver?  Is it possible a receiver reached its max and tried to generate
another at the same time some job was trying to gen another receiver also?

--
Gary Monnier               garymon@powertechgroup.com
The PowerTech Group        253.872.7788