  • Subject: RE: Questions about lic program PSF/400
  • From: Neil Palmer <neilp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2001 13:03:37 -0400

No - they are two different animals.
AFP Utilities are a separate program product - 5769-AF1.
Print Services Facility/400 is the IPDS/AFP printer support and is an
optional chargeable feature of OS/400.
There's one level for Fax, and 3 for various IPM ratings (you get just the
one for the fastest printer that requires it - which are IPDS printers
configures with AFP *YES).
At V5R1 I think the PSF/400 1-28 IPM level goes away and the lowest you
can purchase is the 1-45 IPM level.

...Neil

"DeLong, Eric" <EDeLong@Sallybeauty.com>
Sent by: owner-midrange-l@midrange.com