  • Subject: RE: Two digit date window
  • From: "Joe Giusto II \(E-mail\)" <juicenetdps@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2001 16:43:06 -0400

I was under the impression that the *MDY, *ISO, *USA, ect. Was just for
external representation (display) of the internally stored date.  If the
"window" for converting 6 digit dates into the date format is changed, how
will that effect the internally stored date values that have already been
written to the database?  If you retrieve them and move into 6 digit date
fields for display purposes, who would see the difference between 1901 and
2001 anyway?  In my opinion, it would be interpreted by the user based on
the context in which it was presented.  If it can not be derived at from the
context, then it should be displayed in 8 digit format.

Please feel free to correct any of my misconceptions.

Joe Giusto II
Programmer/Analyst
Ritz Camera
Beltsville, MD