Da: Cyndi Bradberry [mailto:CyndiB@IHFA.ORG]
Inviato: venerd́ 15 giugno 2001 16.10
A: 'Midrange-L@midrange. com' (E-mail)
Oggetto: Sql and CRTXXXMOD command

I have used the template in the Sorcerer's Guide to create socket programs
to interface with our Web Server on NT/IIS.  I would now like to add another
function using embeded SQL, but I can't seem to find the correct combination
of CRTXXXMOD and CRTPGM to do this.  I am a complete SQL newbie. We added it
to our box last month, I have several books, but am getting lost.  I also
tried to put my function into a service program (ala Sorcerer's guide) so
that all my sockets could access it, but again, I couldn't figure out which
commands to use to create the program.  Is this were stored procedures come
in ?  My function is simple. I get a RRN from one file and increment it.
Using that as a key, I write a record to another file, logging the action
taken in the first program. We do this with another web system, but not with
SQL. I was trying to modernize things.
If it matters, I am a V4R4; current on PTF's.
Thanks for any directions to manuals.

Cyndi B.
Boise, ID

david@midrange.com