  • Subject: Re: How do I give authority for *PGMR to look at job log of*SECADM?
  • From: "John Earl" <johnearl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2001 19:49:47 -0700

> The problem with this scenario is NOT the fact that a profile with
*ALLOBJ has created a file, but that the library CRTAUT parameter that
the file was created in has NOT been set appropriately. (Been there -
had that done to me @ 3:04 a.m.)

That depends on your definition of appropriate authority for CRTAUT.
My definition is that a libraries CRTAUT = *EXCLUDE.  Then the process
that actually creates any new file should manage the authority to the
file.  This is because not all objects in a library will or should
have the same *PUBLIC authority requirements.

But then in order for this to work, applicaiton developers would
actually think about security when they design and build their
applicaitons.

John (Sarcasm?  Me??? No way!) Earl

> >> I agree that *ALLOBJ for our Job Scheduler user is extreme, but
you
> >> definitely don't get any calls at 3:00 AM for authority problems.
> >>:-)
> >
> >Sure, if folks have *ALLOBJ they never have to call with security
> >problems.  But in this case it is the calls that you don't get that
> >should scare you.
>
> I've been burnt by a *ALLOBJ job creating files during a reorg and
then the
> normal *USER follow-on jobs all die because of lack of authority.
That's