  • Subject: RE: Error Handling (was WRKOBJLCK API)
  • From: "DeLong, Eric" <EDeLong@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2001 08:03:55 -0500

How about an Error Message Subfile window that pops up a scrollable list of
errors?

Eric DeLong
Sally Beauty Company
MIS-Sr. Programmer/Analyst
940-898-7863 or ext. 1863

<Very Big SNIP>
You know that if you put cursor on error message line at bottom of screen &
F1 (help) it expands the story into a chunk more text.

You know that.
Most of our users forget that.

So I was thinking that when there is more than one error in actuality,
I want text along bottom of screen to say (1st level message)
something that fits on the line like

"Put cursor on this line & F1 for details"

so they do not have to remember how to get to 2nd level

then when they get there the text is populated

story on one problem
story on another problem
story on third problem

I need to figure out naming of where this is so that I can populate it
accordingly.

RPG/400 Programmer but NOT a Jedi Master of this stuff.

david@midrange.com