  • Subject: Re: Buried in the Announcements ---
  • From: "Jim Franz" <franz400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 15:10:11 -0400

Is IBM saying this similar setup is needed to create .pdf on the iSeries? I
certainly hope not. For not too much money, there are tools (like Gumbo
Spl-a-matic) that convert standard print (*scs) or afpds to .pdf - I've been
doing this quite well on V4r4 for web site reports (that look good & fit on
the printed page). I was hoping the spool to .pdf, or just an ovrprtf would
be all it takes. Not some print server (as in more hardware). I've been in &
out of various links posted for the InfoPrint Server, and can't make sense
of it all. Anything out there is "plain" English?
jim